The 411 on becoming a foster parent……
YOU QUALIFY IF:
- you are single, married or divorced,
- any race, gender, religion or ethnic origin,
- 21 years or older, stable income,
- stable and appropriate housing, adequate space for each child (maximum of 5 youth including your own children)
- Ability to read & write, YOU CAN BE A WORKING PARENT!!!
STEPS...to become a foster parent
- 30 hours training
- Home study by social worker
- Home visits from social worker
- Fire inspection
- Physical examine for each family member
- Criminal background checks including fingerprints
- Personal reference checks
- Ongoing training after licensure
Do foster parents get paid?
A board stipend is provided to help care for the child, however you must be financially stable enough to care for the child without it.
Can foster children go on vacation with a foster parent?
Do foster parents add foster children to their insurance?
No, they are covered by Medicaid