HOW CAN YOUR CHURCH HELP?
HOW CAN YOUR CHURCH HELP?
ARE YOU A PASTOR OR CHURCH LEADER LOOKING TO PARTNER WITH LEAST OF THESE CAROLINAS?
Over the past decade, LOTC has partnered with local churches in several different ways. It is our desire to rally around and empower your congregation as you actively seek ways to engage the foster care community. Highlighted below are various dynamic partnerships that we currently cultivate with local churches.
You provide the fun, we’ll provide the list of families!
Provide a fun night of activities for children in foster care while their caregivers enjoy a complimentary dinner out.
Serve the children by feeding them dinner, playing games, making crafts and ensure they have a great time so their caregivers can have time to recharge and reconnect with each other knowing their children are safe and cared for.
This is also a great opportunity for you to partner with local restaurants!
Interested in hosting a Foster Parent Night Out? Email [email protected].
Hosting a donation drive to support children in foster care is a meaningful way to make a direct impact on their lives.
- Start by choosing specific items that would benefit these children, such as hygiene products, school supplies, or comfort items like stuffed animals or blankets.
- Utilize social media platforms, local community boards, and outreach to spread awareness about your drive.
- Create designated drop-off locations where people can conveniently donate items. Consider partnering with local businesses, schools, or community centers to expand your reach and increase donations.
- Additionally, you can organize themed drives focused on essentials like backpacks or winter coats to address specific needs.
Partner with us financially and see the direct impact your company’s dollar has on our programs and in the lives of the children and families we serve. Your financial contributions will go a long way in making a difference in our city.
Click here to partner with us today! Creating a wave of positive change, one child at a time!
Every child deserves dignity and comfort, especially during uncertain times.
Our Bag of Hope Program aims to replace those impersonal trash bags with personalized duffle bags, giving kids in foster care a sense of belonging and a brighter start.
Example of items in our Bags of Hope
- New/Gently Used Clothes
- New Shoes
- Items we know they are interested in (ie: minecraft, legos, make up)
- And so much more!
Follow us on Social Media, @lotcarolinas, every Wednesday to see what items we are in need of. Click Here to view our Amazon Wishlist!
Prayer serves as a powerful tool for fostering hope, healing and positive change within our organization and the in the lives of those we serve.
How you can pray for us:
- Strength and Guidance: Pray for the the challenges and uncertainties we face in this ministry and give us the resilience and discernment to serve these children well.
- Healing and Comfort: Children in foster care often carry significant emotional wounds and trauma from their past experiences. Pray for healing and restoration to these vulnerable children, and the hope of a brighter future.
- For Foster Families: Foster families play a crucial role in providing safe and nurturing environments for children in need. However, they also face unique challenges and stressors in their caregiving journey. Pray for encouragement, patience, and strength as they navigate the ups and downs of fostering.
- Unity and Collaboration: Pray that we unite people across different backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives to support the well-being of children in foster care.
We believe in the power of community and the positive impact local businesses can have on the lives of children in foster care. Join us in making a difference by volunteering at our events or encouraging your employees to lend a helping hand.
Together, we can create lasting memories and provide much-needed support for these deserving children. Let’s build a stronger, more compassionate community together!
As reported by Harvard Business Review, research has shown that companywide volunteer programs can increase employee satisfaction, engagement and retention. One study “found that 93% of employees who volunteer through their company report being happy with their employer.”
For more information on group volunteer opportunities, email [email protected].
STAY INFORMED – FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA @LOTCAROLINAS TO STAY INFORMED ABOUT ALL THINGS FOSTER CARE AND LOTC, AS WELL AS IMMEDIATE NEEDS AN OPPORTUNITIES AS THEY ARISE.
VISIT A LIST OF OUR CURRENT COMMUNITY PARTNERS